Twitter in SEO
Written by: admin
At the end of November the people from Bing had pulled the rabbit from the hat and ranking algorithms that they had begun to use social media signals to order the search results in search engine.
Of course, that in a few days those from Google had made a press release where they announced that they are using social media signals in order to give better results in Google search to the users.
Through December, SEO industry has revolved discussions around this topic and the methods they should use so that social media campaigns will influence also SEO campaigns.
There is a lot to discuss about this topic, but I don’t want to go deeper that it necessary. So, I say let’s see the social media signals that Google is looking for.
1. Google is using Twitter to determine the popularity of a website and the notoriety of it. Facebook is a big black box for Google and will remain so for a certain period of time.
2. rel = “nofollow” has no value on Twitter. In general rel = “nofollow” was used to alert search engines that the link marked to not be considered for a possible ranking, but no doesn’t do that anymore.
3. If you want to get on the top of a certain search on Google through an article and you want to use Twitter for it, is important the number for RT that is getting. Like this Google will notice that that article is appreciated by the community and is highly relevant for search target.
4. Google is calculating on Twitter a so called Author Authority, it’s independent from the Page Rank and is use in some special cases to establish the “weight” of a website/link.
5. To reach the first position try to get as many RT as you can from people that have authority on Twitter, that have a large number of followers and the topic is relevant for them. In addition to ranking you will also get a good traffic on your website.
6. Try to get the value of your Twitter page, by adding and sharing more links, like this you can have an author authority.
Like I said this is only valuable for Twitter, because Google doesn’t have access to the conversations from Facebook, although Bing declared that they have a way… but I don’t really know or get it how they are doing it.